Mark began his career with the international firm Deloitte & Touche, and then continued on with a large local firm in Lexington, Kentucky. Recruited by a client, Mark became a CFO for a group of natural resources companies in southeast Kentucky, where he worked for nine years. He became a partner with Stivers & Associates, PSC in 2003 which reorganized as Enderle & Romans in 2017. The firm employs a seasoned group of professionals with experience in forensic accounting matters. Mark’s background, made up of experience in public and private accounting, gives him a unique perspective when investigating allegations of fraud and assessing damage claims. His teaching experience gives him a unique ability to communicate complex matters in easily-understood terms to juries and in written reports.
Mark served as an adjunct instructor of tax and other accounting courses at the University of Kentucky, Lexington Community College for thirteen years, and later for six years at Kentucky Community and Technical College System and other local community colleges. In all, he was an adjunct instructor for 23 years. He is a frequent presenter to business groups on a variety of accounting and fraud topics.
Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support
Mark has served as a consultant, an expert witness, and an auditor on numerous cases involving allegations of fraud. Mark has been qualified and recognized as an expert in his field in several cases before the courts of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Most recently, he was the expert witness on the case heard by the Supreme Court of Kentucky, published in 2018 as Asher Land and Mineral v. Nami Resources Company (2016-SC-000235-DG). A complete CV is available upon request.
Mark has been a court-appointed receiver and trustee for businesses and individuals. He has testified as an expert witness in various Kentucky courts numerous times on tax and other issues.
Education and Certifications
- Master of Accountancy; Miami University, 1989
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting and Pre-law); Ohio University, 1988
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1991
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2010
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), 2014
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Section
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Kentucky Oil & Gas Association
Significant Recent Professional Education
- 2018 AICPA Forensic and Valuation Conference (Atlanta) (annual participant for several years)