Areas of Expertise
Most of Mark’s work is with S-corporations, C-corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and individuals with complex tax or financial situations.
Mark began his career with the international firm Deloitte & Touche, and then continued on with a large local firm in Lexington, Kentucky. He then served for nine years as the corporate controller and treasurer for an integrated group of companies in southeast Kentucky. He became a partner with Stivers & Associates, PSC in 2003. Stivers & Associates, PSC reorganized in 2011, and Mark's practice is now Enderle & Company, PLLC, which employs a group of dedicated professionals offering tax, audit, and a variety of business assistance services. Mark is a trusted advisor to many business owners.
Mark does a significant amount of work in the business acquisition and disposition area, including due diligence from both the buyer and seller's viewpoints, and advising on structuring for optimal tax results.
Mark has obtained his designation as Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF). The CFF encompasses specialized forensic skills in a variety of areas including bankruptcy and insolvency, family law, fraud detection, and economic damages calculations.
Mark served as an adjunct instructor of accounting at the University of Kentucky, Lexington Community College for thirteen years, and later for six years at Kentucky Community and Technical College System. Mark also served as an adjunct professor at Strayer University. Mark is a frequent presenter to business groups on a variety of accounting and taxation topics.
Education and Certifications
• Master of Accountancy (Taxation); Miami University, 1989
• Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting and Pre-law); Ohio University, 1988
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1991
• Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2010
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services Section
• Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
• Kentucky Oil & Gas Association
Significant Recent Professional Education
• 2012 AICPA National Tax Conference (Washington, DC)
• 2012 CCH S Corporation, Partnership and LLC Tax Planning Forums (annual participant for 17 years)
Civic & Community Involvement
Mark has served as Treasurer of numerous nonprofit boards over the last 22 years in Lexington, most recently the Living Arts and Science Center and Hospital Hospitality House of Lexington.